Today I will be reviewing in inexpensive anti-snoring mouthpiece, sometimes called a “mandibular advancment device.” The actual name of the product I bought is called: Snore Mouthpiece Mouth Piece – Anti Snore Device Sleep Aid Snore Guard . No, really, that is the actual name on the page at Amazon!
I’d had enough nights of being poked and kicked because of my snoring, and being cheap, I didn’t want to deal with the cost a C-PAP exam. So, as I was browsing Amazon, I saw the Anti-snore Mouthpiece. Low price, and Free Super Saver Shipping (woot!). So after adding a few other goodies to my cart, I sent off my order.
So, now for the Anti-snore Mouthpiece review!
Here is a better picture, my photo of the unboxing. What you get is a small white box, a blue case, a thick Popsicle stick and what looks like a football player’s mouth guard. You’ll need to follow the instructions carefully and be sure to read them a few times.
But essentially you boil some water, take it off the heat for about 18 seconds, drop in the Anti-snore Mouthpiece for 18 seconds, fish it out then put it in your mouth to form it around your teeth. After you push it down on your teeth with your hands on your cheeks, you drop it in some cold water to quicken the Anti-snore Mouthpiece.
What you wind up with looks like a cast of your teeth, and is a perfect fit. But be sure to do it just as the instructions say – or you could end up with a ball of gooey rubber. In fact, later I will give you some tips.
But let’s get to the bottom line. “Does it work?” you are asking. To the point: Maybe. It has some downsides but overall, I didn’t snore.
It worked for me, but your mileage may vary. I know one thing, I am not going to wear this every night, the reasons why are below.
- Low cost (if I mess it up, I can get another pretty cheap and fast)
- Easy to prepare
- It worked!
- Dry mouth – since you have to sleep with your mouth you must also breathe through your mouth, and my mouth was alway dry
- Gross to look at – seriously, even in the blue case, this thing is creepy looking.
- Drool – I know, I know.
Overall, I think the Snore Mouthpiece Mouth Piece – Anti Snore Device Sleep Aid Snore Guard is a great short-term solution to MY snoring.The cost was low, so if it doesn’t work for you, you won’t be out a lot of money. I give it a thumbs up!
Please be sure to consult a physician if you have severe snoring problems or are worried about Sleep Apnea.
As promised, a few tips.
- Follow the directions!
- Don’t put the Anti-snore Mouthpiece in boiling water. Take it off the heat for 20 seconds, then drop it in.
- Don’t leave it in the hot water for more than 18-20 seconds, or you will have a nice ball of clear goo.
- Once in your mouth, push out all the air and press it to your mouth with your hands on your cheeks
- Don’t bite down, just gently and comfortably close your mouth.
- You can re-heat the Anti-snore Mouthpiece , but it will never be as good as your first attempt, so try to get it right.
- Watch the video below, it walks you through the entire process.
If you have feedback on the Snore Mouthpiece Mouth Piece – Anti Snore Device Sleep Aid Snore Guard please leave a comment, or post your review and thoughts of the device.