Folks, I am glad you are here!
I am feeling refreshed about the Monday Mission this week. Not that the questions are going to blow your socks off but at least I am not dreading the authorship like I have in weeks past.
The main reason is YOU! Every week you return to join in my silly game, and every week I get to know you a little bit better. I know some "A" list Cool Kid Bloggers frown on "weeklies" like this, but what can I say? I like making them and I like reading them.
This week we break into the "Thirties" so I guess the MM is due for a "mid-life crisis" soon eh?
PromoGuy’s Monday Mission 3.30
1. Have you ever had, or known someone who has had, a "Mid-Life Crisis?" What happened? Is there such a thing or is it just an excuse?
2. Have you ever had a dream so vivid, that you woke up with certain emotions towards a person for what happened in your dream, even though they didn’t do a thing to deserve it in real life? What did you feel and and what was the dream?
3. I think everyone is creative in some way or other. Some people draw, some play music, some write, some cook, some build or sew. How do you express your creativity? Have you ever made money from it?
4. Speaking of creativity, I display some of my artwork on my website. It is there for everyone to view, but if I learned it was stolen and used commercially without my permission or being paid, I would be furious. Has anything you created ever been stolen? How did you handle it?
5. I imagine the question above is similar to what the music industry is going through with file sharing. Do you think downloading music via file sharing is "stealing?" Is taking songs without paying for them any different than someone taking your work without your permission?
6. How do you feel about the RIAA targeting everyone (parents, teenagers, grandparents) who share songs over the Internet with expensive lawsuits? Should they be selective in who they subpoena, or should all who violate copyrights be treated equally? Or are they going too far? Should the music be free?
7. On the same thought, what do you think pay-per-song concepts such as iMusic and BuyMusic.com? Will they succeed? Is this the solution? If not, what is?
BONUS: Why can’t we be ourselves like we were yesterday?
Today’s Comment Question: What is one thing you absolutely will never do? (no restrictions, say anything you want)